Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chicken for Breakfast?

Breakfast is one of the biggest challenges for a paleo eater. Not because it's hard to get calories but because you must break the habit of eating all those carbs! The SAD ( standard American diet) usually consists of a bagel, muffin, pastry, or toast for breakfast but on the paleo diet this is a no no.

Instead, you must get used to eating LEAN meats, fruits, even veggies and nuts for breakfast. My typical morning usually consists of;
  • LEAN meat
  • Fruit
It takes time to get used to this but I promise, it will get easier. Plus, the satiating effect of protein and the small sugar rush from the fruit makes the perfect power meal that will sustain you all the way to lunch!

If you think this is harsh then you are wrong! Think about this... a paleo diet would allow you to eat a crab and prosciutto filled omelet topped with garlic sauteed spinach and a mixed fruit salad... how awesome does that sound?!?!



^^ fruit and meat for breakfast... caveman style!

This also makes sense for our diet doesn't it? Any caveman would have only eaten what he had left over from the night before... who wants to forage first thing in the morning? Most likely it was left over meat and fruit or nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Crazy amount of GR8 info! I really like the SAD acronym. Do you have the NomNom Paleo app yet for ipad/phone? It's pretty cool. Anyway, thanks for starting this blog. It's kinda lonely here in my paleo cave ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am becoming a very firm believer in this diet and I feel like eveyone should try to adopt at least some of it. Let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to write about.

      Delete
  2. What are the most difficult aspects of the diet to take on, given our SAD? Any pointers or tips?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything that I have posted.

Have a caveman kind of day!

JB