Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Normal Healthy Dinner

So I wanted to go ahead and show you what I eat at a normal meal. The exact ingredients will change often but the base is the same;
  • Lean meat (shrimp, white fish, chicken, grass-fed beef, lean pork etc)
  • Vegetables (excluding starches like potatoes and sweet potatoes)
  • Fruit
  • Nuts and seeds (BUT NO GRAINS OR RICE)
This is a simple stir fry... I will list everything plus what it cost (after accounting for portions based on total cost) and will basiclly show you how awesome the food is that I am lucky to eat EVERY day!
  • Skinless chicken breast (fat removed) - $1.50
  • Fennel $.50
  • Summer squash and zucchini $.65
  • Brocolli $.25
  • Cherry tomatoes $.75
  • Quails eggs (yes, fancy I know but I love them! they are low calorie, good fats and lots of  protein... eggs got a bad rap in the 80's but research shows that the HDL's are excellent for you so long as they are eaten in moderation, plus, they are a big part of the Paleo diet) $.33
  • Small ammt of olive oil for frying
  • various herbs
Total cost: $3.98!      And this is an expensive meal compared to normal!

So, 2 double cheezeburgers and fries or an awesome meal that YOU get to prepare and enjoy immensely? Dumb question, right?

I will start sharing the secrets of how I make this happen soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything that I have posted.

Have a caveman kind of day!

JB