Sunday, May 13, 2012

Big Savings AND What I do With That Extra $!

So, I promised to show you how to shop, so here goes.

From the local farmers market I bough about 6 days worth of produce and a couple little extras that will be great in some recipes that I will be posting over the next few days;


What's here? (from left to right);
  • Almond milk
  • Coconut milk
  • Bok choy
  • Fiji apples
  • Lemons and limes
  • Fennel
  • Nectarines
  • Apricots
  • Cilantro
  • Green onions
  • Kale
I also popped some extra $ on free range, freshly butchered chicken (bone in and skin on, which I will remove to make chicken stock... stay tuned for how to do this as well). It is from a local farm and well raised without antibiotics or hormones!

Total cost for 5/6 days of food? $31.72!

Split day by day this equals $6.34 a day... that's probably what you spend on breakfast alone right now! I will continue to show you how to eat VERY well and on budget!

What do I do with the saving though, right? I splurge on AWESOME cheat meals!


This is an AMAZING organic smoked salmon egg Benedict from a local restaurant called Pasion SF in the sunset district of San Francisco. I ordered a half portion of potatoes and added a side of fresh strawberries, hey, just cuz it's a cheat meal doesn't mean it needs to be completely unhealthy, right? If you have never been here then you MUST check them out. Bottomless mimosas with breakfast purchase for $7! I give this place a 6 stars out of 5, seriously!

PasionSF.com

That's it for now... stay tuned for more recipes and tips on how to stay healthy on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything that I have posted.

Have a caveman kind of day!

JB