Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Introduction

Well, this is my new blog and to be honest I have no idea where to start!

Let's go back to the beginning. When I moved to HI (before settling in San Fran for dental school) I was a svelt 185lbs... I ate pretty well but I definitely overindulged. I ate everything from entire large bags of chips to fried food and tons of candy! It ws all fine until I hit about 24 or 25. It was then that my metabolism put on the brakes with a vengance!

But it wasn't only my eating. I had become lazy, not because I wanted to but because I was working so hard to become a professional. Weekends of activity turned into weekends sitting in front of a computer, eating junk, and studying my ass off. Educationally I did well but my health seriously deteriorated.

Before I knew it I was 190lbs, 200lbs, 210lbs and so on until finally, 2 months ago, I hit a high of 235lbs. At 5'11'' I had started to hit pre-obesity. My SAD (standard American diet) was not serving me anymore... high carbs, low protein, tons of sugar, the wrong fats, so on and so forth. To boot I was a couch potato. I didn't leave the house to exercise and because I was now in dental school, at UCSF, I was studying harder than ever!

I hated how I looked. My friends made playful jabs at me about my weight and eventually I realized that regardless of how 'innocent' the comments were, they were in fact based in reality. The mirror doesn't lie! I looked horrible. My fat rolls were over my belt line, I had a serious belly, and I was ALWAYS exhausted.

So I put my foot down. I began eating and with the help of myfitnesspal.com I started logging my calories, getting more exercise and working towards a healthier me. AND IT WORKED!

How though? I attribute all of my success to my strict adherance to the Paleo diet. I have stripped pounds, become stronger (mentally and physically), I have almost ZERO bad food cravings, I have TONS of energy, and everyone notices!

For more info on the Paleo Diet (outside of what I will post in this blog) visit these sites among MANY others;
thepaleodiet.com
paleodietlifestyle.com
paleohacks.com

This blog will chronicle the trials and triulations I have been through so far. It hasn't been easy. I will share with you my views (and the views of others) on the Paleo Lifestyle and will teach you how to eat well on a budget, feel great, lose weight, and find the power inside that you never though you had. The road is tough but we can do it together. I will show you pictures of before and after. I will share recipes, I will tell you how and where to shop and most of all I will be here to support YOU as you work towards the healthy mind and body that you have always wanted. This blog IS NOT an advertisement, I AM NOT endorsed by anyone... rather, I am someone who has changed his life and wishes the same for you!

If you think this is impssible then I pose this challenge to you. Eat how I do for 30 days... be strict, count calories get a little more exercise than you are used to and I PROMISE that the rewards I have gained can be yours as well.

Catch you soon,

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything that I have posted.

Have a caveman kind of day!

JB