Friday, May 11, 2012

Suet, Finally!

So I have been searching high and low for grass fed beef fat (called suet) so I can make my own tallow (rendered beef fat) for cooking! And I found it! I called a specialty meat store and asked them if they had suet. They told me that they usually just throw it away but that they will save it for me from now on and give it to me for free!

If yr from SF then this is the place to get it: Andronicos.com

Contrary to what 'they' want you to believe, rendered fat from grass fed beef is the absolute healthiest oil you can use to cook! It's packed with omega 3's (just like it was for our paleolithic ancestors) and is in tune with the paleo diet philosophy... I promise, I'll get into this subject with you soon.

Needless to say, grain fed beef is packed with bad omega 6's, just like us when we eat grains... If the cows eat it then so do we! I'll post pics etc to show you how to prep and render the fat after I get my hands on some. Keep it caveman everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything that I have posted.

Have a caveman kind of day!

JB